Sunday, July 24, 2016

HRN: 2016 Lone Star Park Meet in Photos

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"Lone Star Park became my second home this year – second only to my actual home, of course. Texas racing has fallen upon hard times, but the Grand Prairie track has always been one of my favorite places and I made an effort to make it there every weekend I possibly could during its spring Thoroughbred meet.

Whether it was under the blindingly bright sunny skies of the morning or afternoon, brilliantly colorful sunset skies of the evening, or the dark skies of the night, times spent at Lone Star were enjoyable. Old friendships were strengthened, new friendships were formed, and – of course – old and new favorite Texas racehorses brought a smile to my face.

It was rare that I visited the track without my camera, and by the time the meet ended this past weekend, I had taken thousands upon thousands of photos at the beautiful Texas track. With so many trips to the track, I was able to experiment with my photography, and ended up with some of my new favorite photos. It was a terrific spring meet at Lone Star, and I will always have these photos by which to remember it..."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment