Thursday, November 1, 2012

Breeders' Cup 2012: Thursday

Wise Dan
Photo by Terri Cage
With great anticipation, I walked into Clocker's Corner at Santa Anita Park for the second consecutive morning. The track was dimly lit and a light layer of fog hovered over the racetrack. What brilliant Thoroughbreds would travel before me this morning, gracing my vision with their breathtaking presence?

Into my vision stepped a plethora of horses I had seen on Wednesday morning, but with much excitement and awe, my eyes took in Excelebration and Mucho Macho Man for the first time, as well as my initial good look at the gifted Wise Dan. Needless to say, my six hours at the track this morning certainly did not feel as if they encompassed a quarter of the day. Time tends to slip away when one fixes their gaze upon the best Thoroughbreds in the world.

Yet again, Juvenile Sprint contender Super Ninety Nine struck me as one of the most visually impressive individuals to step foot on the track this morning. Other eye-catchers included champion Royal Delta (Ladies' Classic), Excelebration (Mile), The Fugue (Filly & Mare Turf), Shackleford (Dirt Mile), and Wise Dan (Mile).

Alpha

Beholder and Teddy's Promise

Fort Larned

I'm a Dreamer

Delegation

George Vancouver

Groupie Doll

Cogito

Excelebration

Calidoscopio

Dreaming of Julia

Emcee

Brown Almighty

Animal Kingdom

Moonlight Cloud

Mucho Macho Man

Ron the Greek

Super Ninety Nine

Shackleford

Power Broker and He's Had Enough

Title Contender

Royal Delta

Awesome Feather

Wise Dan

4 comments:

  1. Amazing videos! I can only imagine what it must be like to attend Santa Anita's morning works.. for the Breeders' Cup! Have fun tomorrow, and keep up the great updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! It is a wonderful racetrack and combined with a plethora of the most elite equine athletes in the world, it is an absolutely incredible experience. The races should be thrilling!

      Delete
  2. wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your videos with us. Being among all these magnificent racehorses I'm afraid I would be shaking so much I couldn't even hold a camera - lol! Enjoy your Breeders Cup and keep the posts and pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was so incredible seeing all of these horses! Thanks!

      Delete