Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Breeders' Cup 2012: Wednesday

Groupie Doll
Photo by Terri Cage
I found it difficult to sleep my first night in California. The next morning, I would venture to the Great Race Place, or Santa Anita Park, for the first time in my life. I would take in the sights and sounds of the 2012 Breeders' Cup, my eyes scanning over the dozens of horses preparing for the world championships. I was like a young child on Christmas morning, my eyes wide open before my alarm clock sounded.

My mother and I, through the fog, arrived at Clocker's Corner in the wee hours of the morning, fog covering the track as the sound of hooves and snorts of horses came from the track. Before I knew it, My Miss Aurelia galloped before me, followed by a whirlwind of majestic Thoroughbreds preparing for the Breeders' Cup.

Due to an expedition to a couple of farms (which will likely be featured in time) nearly three hours south of Santa Anita after morning workouts, I had little time to prepare the many videos I took this morning. Below are a few that I selected to share for tonight; I will post more shortly. Trust me, there are many more!

Stay tuned! There is much more to share!

EXTRA: Super Ninety Nine, who is simply just a maiden special weight winner, looked spectacular this morning for trainer Bob Baffert. He greatly resembled Euroears, a former Baffert trainee. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the Juvenile Sprint on Friday.


Animal Kingdom

Awesome Feather

Executiveprivilege

Game On Dude

Musical Romance

My Miss Aurelia

Richard's Kid

Ron the Greek

Shackleford

Super Ninety Nine

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting!! Hope your having loads of fun! Who do you think looked the best this morning? ONLY 1 DAY! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Lines Of Battle yet? He is my secondary pick for Juvenile Turf behind Know More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Know More and Lines of Battle look great. It's hard to choose who looks the best, but Royal Delta, Excelebration, and The Fugue looked absolutely spectacular.

      Delete
  3. I actually am writing my own article on Lines Of Battle. I also have a n article up on Nonios is your interested. http://tothewinnerscircle.blogspot.com/
    I usually never get to my blog and then i have school so that puts dings in how often i get articles up. But you can read the article on Nonios if you like! Anyhow have fun watching the horses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it and certainly agree that Nonios is a top contender. Thanks, it's been a blast!

      Delete