Monday, August 19, 2013

Past the Grandstand's Two-Year Anniversary!

August 19, 2011 changed my life. A rather normal summer day, I decided to launch Past the Grandstand. Unbeknownst to me at the time, creating this blog would allow me to embark on an incredible journey, a journey that still continues.

Since forming Past the Grandstand, I have met many fantastic horses and people in the racing industry. I have encountered incredibly kind supporters who share my love for racing. I have had the opportunity to write about some of the most fascinating aspects of the sport. I have even developed another blog – a spin-off, if you will – on Horse Racing Nation.

Two years have passed since that fateful day. Through more than 300 posts on this blog alone, as well as 22 on Horse Racing Nation and 2 blogs on BloodHorse.com, I have expressed my love for the Thoroughbred racehorse, receiving unbelievable and touching support from other racing fans along the way. I’d like to sincerely thank all of my family, friends, readers, and supporters who have continuously encouraged me. Your support means the world to me.

I’d like to share with all of you a video slideshow that showcases my past year in racing. Click on the link below to view it.

Also, you may have noticed that, as of late, the only posts published on this blog are “After the Auctions” and a “Diary of Dexter.” This is because I am shifting my focus to my Horse Racing Nation blog. “After the Auction” and “Diary of Dexter” posts, as well as updates on Miss Fifty, will continue to be posted on this original Past the Grandstand blog and other articles may surface here from time to time, but be sure to keep up with my blog on Horse Racing Nation, as that is where most of my work will be published until further notice. I will, however, post a notice on this blog each time I publish a new article on Horse Racing Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment