Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HRN: 2014 Kentucky Derby Hopeful: Commissioner

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

Derby Hopeful: Commissioner


For the first time, my Derby Hopefuls will be reaching the pages of Horse Racing Nation rather than the original Past the Grandstand. Derby Hopefuls feature the horses I view as the best contenders leading up to the Kentucky Derby. Each horse spotlighted in a Derby Hopeful will join the 2014 PTG Derby Hopeful roster, found on the right side of this blog (the original Past the Grandstand). Horses will be listed in an order that corresponds to how highly I think of them, with the horse I think most highly of ranking at the top. A horse featured in a Derby Hopeful may be taken off the roster if its performances after its article are published are not up to par or if that horse is taken off the Triple Crown trail, though those articles will remain on my blog.


"Four years ago, the white and green silks of WinStar Farm – stained by mud – were carried to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) glory by Super Saver and Calvin Borel. One of the most renowned farms in the horse racing industry, WinStar Farm has experienced much success in some of the most important races in the world, including not only the Derby, but also the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I). But surely few victories would taste sweeter than an additional win in the Run for the Roses.

In WinStar’s possession is a talented colt that could grant them that triumph: Commissioner. In just three starts, none of which were at the stakes level, Commissioner has left his mark on the Derby trail. While the well-bred colt still has much left to prove, he is certainly on the right track to Louisville. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment