Tuesday, February 25, 2014

HRN: 2014 Kentucky Oaks Contender: Onlyforyou

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

2014 Kentucky Oaks Contender: Onlyforyou


For the first time, my Derby Hopefuls will be reaching the pages of Horse Racing Nation rather than the original Past the Grandstand. Oaks Contenders feature the fillies I view as the best contenders leading up to the Kentucky Oaks. Each horse spotlighted in an Oaks Contender will join the 2014 PTG Oaks Contender roster, found on the right side of the blog. Horses will be listed in an order that corresponds to how highly I think of them, with the horse I think most highly of ranking at the top. A horse featured in an Oaks Contender may be taken off the roster if its performances after its article are published are not up to par or if that horse is taken off the Oaks trail, though those articles will remain on my blog.


"When I was fourteen, I discovered a love for Thoroughbred sales. The thrill of choosing a horse from a sale and later watching as it finds success is extraordinary, leaving me to become enthralled with the art of “discovering” a talented horse before its career begins. This led me to make selections from various sales and follow those picks as they blossomed into racehorses, whether they were withdrawn from their respective auctions or not.

Putting pedigree and conformation, as well as movement and potential displayed in breeze shows for juvenile sales, into consideration, I have assembled an army of promising young horses. Among those horses is Onlyforyou, who caught my attention with her athleticism while breezing prior to the 2013 Keeneland April Two-Year-Olds In Training Sale. Since then, Onlyforyou has transformed into a talented racehorse who has made a mark on the Kentucky Oaks trail. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment