Friday, May 6, 2016

HRN: Taking a Look at the Kentucky Derby 2016 Pedigrees

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"In a 20-horse race like the 2016 Kentucky Derby, many handicapping strategies are utilized in hopes of selecting the one horse that will emerge the winner. Past performances, track conditions, pedigrees, training – you name it and someone has used that method to handicap. While I believe that, given enough talent and heart, a horse is capable of outrunning its pedigree – both in terms of the quality and stamina within its lineage – pedigrees always seem to be a talking point as these three-year-olds make their first attempt at a mile and one-quarter. Listed below are brief analyses of each Derby entrant’s pedigree, primarily from a distance-focused standpoint. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment