Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HRN: 2013 Breeders' Cup Highlights: Wise Dan

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

2013 Breeders' Cup Highlights: Wise Dan

"I can close my eyes and see the San Gabriel Mountains. With them as a backdrop, I can place several memories from my time spent at the Breeders’ Cup in front of them: Wise Dan grazing, the sky lightening as horses exercised on the track in the morning, horses racing down the backstretch, and winners and losers galloping past the stands as they receive applause from the crowd no matter where they finished.

The 2013 Breeders’ Cup was one of the greatest experiences of my life – perhaps even the most amazing to date. I have now been to four Breeders’ Cups and the moments from this year’s championships that are now fond memories place this Breeders’ Cup as the most wondrous experience I have ever had at the racetrack. I have since returned home and must focus my attention on homework rather than a track program and top-class Thoroughbreds, but my mind tends to wander to the many great personal moments that occurred at the Breeders’ Cup.

There are too many amazing moments from my 2013 Breeders’ Cup experience to describe in one post, so please enjoy my series highlighting these moments, one by one, over the next several days. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment